The brioche is a French classic to be eaten at any time of the day. Today I baked a brioche with a twist, quite literally. Traditionally baked with cinnamon sugar, this brioche is filled with hazelnut and chocolate paste, perfect for breakfast!
On the sweet side: add a spoonful of Chantilly or crème fraiche on top, it is to die for!
Ingredients: (for 6 to 8 buns)
- 1 circular dish about 20cm in diameter
- 250g of flour for gluten-free bread
- 50g of hazelnut or almond powder
- 40g of raw sugar
- 20cL of whole milk
- 10g of dry yeast for baking
- 50g of salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt (2g)
- 100g of any chocolate paste or jam
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Leavening time: 1h to 3h
Baking: 30 minutes
- Warm up the milk to body temperature and add the yeast, stir gently and let it sit until it starts to foam (5 to 10 minutes).
- Mix the sieved flour, the hazelnut powder, the sugar and the salt in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly while kneading with a wooden spatula.
- Heat up the butter and clarify it (remove the white upper layer) before adding it to the dough.
- Whisk the egg before adding it and knead the dough until it is smooth and even.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, flour it generously before setting it down on baking paper and roll it into a rectangular shape (30×40).
- Spread the jam or the paste on the dough in a thin layer (you can heat up chocolate paste to spread it more evenly) and using the baking paper, roll the dough on itself to form a long cylinder.
- Using a knife, cut segments (3 or 4 fingers wide) and set them in a flower pattern on the baking paper (with the filling visible) before placing it all inside the dish. Let the dough leaven in a warm room away from temperature changes and put a humid cloth on top of the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F or th.6)
- Put the brioche in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm.
Last tip: You can prepare the dough the night before and let it leaven during the night. Bake it in the morning and have the warm brioche for breakfast!