It is not always easy to combine taste and nutrition. This simple recipe offers a compromise for those trying to boost their protein intake and tickle their taste buds.
Ingredients: (for 1 omelet)
- 2 eggs
- 20g of red cabbage
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch of fennel seeds
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 10g of cheddar
- 2 toasts (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and the spices.
- Add the thinly chopped red cabbage and the cherry tomatoes cut in quarters.
- Pour the preparataion in a very hot non-stick pan (if you don’t have one, you can always use a drop of olive oil, but don’t use butter as the temperature of the pan will make it go brown).
- Reduce the heat and let the bottom side cook before placing a lid on top of the pan to cook the upper side.
- Once it is almost done, sprinkle the cheddar on top and fold the omelet. Let it cook a few seconds on both sides.
- Cut it in half and serve on a plate with a bit of salad or toast. Enjoy!