Fresh and crisp, with all my favourite Mediterranean flavours, this salad is perfect for a light summer meal.
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 300g of green beans
- 4 red capsicums
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 100g of Parmigiano Reggiano
- salt and pepper
Preparation: 15 minutes
Roasting: 15 minutes – 200°C (395°F)
Boiling: 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven and place the capsicums on a grill. When the oven is ready place the capsicums in at mid-height. (you can also barbecue them).
- Retrieve when the skin starts to blister and darken.
- Let the capsicums cool down for a few minutes and peel their skin off with a small knife. Remove the seeds and cut into long pieces.
- Grate the garlic and add it to the roasted capsicum.
- Boil the green beans in a large quantity of salted water until they are cooked but still firm. Set them aside and let them cool down completely.
- In a large serving bowl, throw in the capsicum and garlic, the green beans, the parmesan and the olive oil. Stir and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Last tip: To peel off the skin of the capsicum more efficiently, wait until they are charcoal in colour and peel them off while they are still warm. When they are done, open them to remove the seeds.