Berry lentils are a variety of green lentils grown in the center of France, in the Berry region. Their firm texture is great in salads, but they also can be used in soups, and are a famous element in some traditional meat based dishes like the “Petit salé”. This super easy recipe is great when casually entertaining a large party of guests 🙂
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 250g of Berry lentils
- 750g of water
- 2 cucumbers
- 10g of chives
- 1 greek yogurt
- 10cL of cream
- salt and pepper
Preparation: 30 minutes
- Pour the lentils in the cold water and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let them cook for another 25 minutes.
- Sieve the lentils and set them aside to cool down.
- Dice the cucumber and chop the chives.
- When the lentils are about room temperature, mix them with the cream, the yogurt, the cucumber and the chives.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste and place in a nice serving bowl. Keep refrigerated.