I’ve always dreamed of being taught how to prepare Italian food by an authentic mama 🙂 Well, today I am still making my own sauce in my kitchen back home! This recipe is super easy, ready in 20 minutes. But it’s going to be even better tonight after I let it stew for a few hours!
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 300g of gluten-free penne (uncooked)
- 400g of crushed tomatoes
- 3 big tomatoes (very ripe)
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fragrant olive oil
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
Preparation: 20 minutes
- Bring a large quantity of water to boil. Throw in the pasta and let it cook until ‘al dente’.
- In a saucepan, brown lightly the garlic and the red onion in olive oil. Add the crushed tomatoes and the fresh tomatoes cut in small quarters.
- Let the sauce simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Sieve the pasta and set aside. Add the vinegar to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a deep plate and cover generously with the sauce and the parmesan.
Last tip: Gluten-free pasta tends to overcook, so to prevent it from breaking, sieve them when they’re still a little firm. They will finish cooking in the sauce.