There’s something about waffles that makes me go a little overboard with the toppings 😉 This recipe is one of my favourites, low in fat and makes gorgeous gluten-free waffles that always keep their shape.
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g corn starch
- 50g peanut flour
- 18g baking powder
- 40g raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200ml soya milk (or any milk)
Preparation: 5 minutes
Resting time: 20 minutes
- In a large bowl, sieve the flours together with the corn starch.
- Add the baking powder and raw sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk in. Add the milk little by little to avoid the formation of lumps.
- When the batter is smooth, refrigerate for about 20 minutes to let the flours soak in some of the milk.
- Preheat a waffle iron and place the batter in the middle. Cook both sides until golden.
Last tip: let the waffles cool down on a grill for a few minutes before serving, they will keep their crunchiness longer.