Autumn is the best season for pumpkin, but I have to say my favourite squash is definitely the butternut. Butternut soups have a little nutty flavour and an incomparable creaminess that go incredibly well with turmeric. This super simple and delicious recipe will warm you up in the cold nights 🙂
Ingredients: (For 4 persons)
- Half a big butternut or a middle sized one
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1L of water
- Salt and pepper
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Cut out the skin of the butternut and dice it. Dice the onion and crush and chop the garlic.
- In a oiled saucepan, add the onion and the garlic first. Stir with a wooden spoon until coloured.
- Add the butternut cubes and cover with water.
- Let the preparation simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and let the soup stew for 10 more minutes.
- Mix the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with toasted bread.