Cheesecakes are a personal favourite of mine, although I find most of gluten free cheesecakes are too heavy and pack too much sugar. So I used one of my favourite recipes to come up with this no bake, light and fluffy version 🙂
Ingredients: (for 8 persons)
For the crust:
- 75g of rice flour
- 25g of glutinous rice flour
- 1 pinch of salt (2g)
- 60g of softened unsalted butter
- 60g of sugar
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 200g frozen blueberries
- 300g cream cheese
- 60g of raw sugar
- 1 organic lemon
- 200g whole cream (thick)
Preparation: 30 minutes
Refrigeration: 12 hours
Baking: 30 minutes – 190°C
- Prepare the crust. In a bowl mix the flours, the salt and the sugar.
- Add the egg and the butter. Mix by hand until you can form a ball.
- Wrap the ball in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Roll the dough out on baking paper to form a disc.
- Place in a removable backsplash baking tin. With a fork, punch mall holes in the dough to keep it from rising and bake at mid-height for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and the whole cream together.
- Heat up the blueberries with 40g of sugar for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Zest the lemon before squeezing it. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the warm blueberries.
- Separate the cream cheese in three bowls.
- In one bowl, add 3 quarters of the blueberries. In the second bowl add the rest of the blueberries. In the last bowl add 20g of sugar, the lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Once the crust has cooled down, pour the darkest cheese mixture in first. Add the lighter one and finish with the lemon cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for 10 hours. Before serving, remove the exterior of the tin and use a spatula to smooth the edge of the cheesecake and decorate with blueberries and zest.
Last tip: Take the cheesecake out of the fridge 20 minutes before serving and cut it with a sharp knife dipped in hot water.