Madeleines are easily my favourite snack to take on a trip. And they’re even better with cacao 🙂 This gluten free recipe is fail-proof and it only takes 30 minutes! For this recipe I use cacao because I am having trouble finding chocolate with no gluten or traces of gluten, but you can easily replace the cacao mixture with 70% cacao chocolate. Also, if you don’t have madeleine tins, you can always use small cake tins 🙂
Ingredients: (for about 20 madeleines)
- 50g of raw sugar
- 85g of corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 60g of softened butter
- 2g baking powder
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 50g of butter
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 10 to 15 minutes – 190°C
- Preheat your oven to 190°C with the madeleine tins inside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the corn starch, the sugar and the baking powder.
- In a microwaveable bowl, soften the butter (60g and 50g for the cacao mixture) for 20 seconds.
- Add the cacao to the butter. With a wooden spatula, mix the cacao mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Incorporate the eggs until the preparation is smooth and shinny.
- Fill the tins halfway and bake for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your tins.
- Let the madeleines cool down on a grill before serving.
Last tip: You can keep the madeleines in a metal box for up to 5 days.