It’s not always easy to find tea time alternatives when you’re coeliac but these were so delicious I couldn’t stop eating them 🙂 This recipe is gluten-free, but also almost sugar-free, so if you’re looking for a guilt-free pleasure, you’ve come to the right place!
Ingredients: (for a baking tray worth of corn breads)
- 150g butter
- 2 organic lemons (juice and zest)
- 2 eggs
- 100g of whole corn flour
- 50g of corn starch
- 10g of baking powder
- 50ml of almond milk
- 10g of vanilla sugar
Preparation: 15 minutes
Baking: 30 minutes – 180°C
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Peel the zest off the lemons and slice it thinly. Extract the juice from the lemons.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, starch, vanilla sugar and baking powder.
- Incorporate the lemon juice, the eggs and the milk to the flour.
- Soften the butter in the microwave and add to the mixture.
- Mix well until smooth, then add the zest.
- Pour the mixture on baking paper on a tray and level it to the desired thickness.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let the corn bread cool down before cutting and serving.
Last tip: You can add icing sugar before serving to add more sweetness.