Last addition for a while to my chocolate frenzy, the famous chocolate mousse 🙂 This recipe is a great classic, fortunately it’s also super simple. With a touch of ginger to add a little something extra and original 😉
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 200g dark chocolate
- 10g vanilla sugar
- 20g of fresh ginger
- 4 eggs
- 4g of salt
Preparation: 20 minutes
Refrigeration: 4 hours minimum
- Melt the chocolate with a tablespoon or two of water on very low heat.
- Add in the egg yolks and 10g of freshly chopped ginger.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric beater and a pinch of salt (2g) until really firm.
- Incorporate the chocolate with the egg whites, be careful not to break the egg whites. Use a plastic spatula and trace large circles around the eggs slowly.
- Pour in small dishes and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Add some ginger mixed with the 10g of sugar on top and sprinkle with a bit of salt crystals.