I’m back with another gnocchi recipe! The gnocchi recipe hasn’t changed, i just wanted to introduce my favourite way of eating gnocchi: with a ton of mushrooms 🙂 The parmesan and cream sauce help a bit as well 😉
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
For the sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g of wild mushrooms
- 500g of button mushrooms
- 20 cl of whole cream (you can also use vegetal cream, especially almond)
- 100g of grated parmesan
- 1 pinch of salt (a bit more if you’re using almond cream, it tends to sweeten recipes)
- pepper and freshly grated nutmeg
- some fresh basil
For the gnocchi (gnocchi recipe here)
- 1kg of cooked potatoes (purée potatoes are the best for this recipe)
- 5g of salt
- 150g of rice flyour
- 20g of tapioca starch
- 1 egg
Preparation: 1h30 (unless you already made the gnocchi)
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Start by making mashed potatoes, preferably by hand, or with a machine that mashes them not too thinly.
- Add in the flour, the tapioca starch and the salt. Mix well with a wooden spatula.
- Add the egg in the middle and start folding with you hands until it is fully combined.
- Flour your hands generously and a tray to place the gnocchi.
- Pick about a teaspoon worth of dough and roll between your palms into any shape you want. Traditionally, gnocchi are slightly oval and marked with a fork.
- Make all the gnocchis before boiling about 2 litres of water in a big saucepan.
- Salt the water and throw in 1/4 of the gnocchi in. Boil until they come up to the surface and take them out immediately with a ladle.
- Repeat the operation until all the gnocchi are done.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves and the onion before chopping thinly. Throw them into a large pan with the butter.
- Slice the mushroom and add it when the onion starts to caramelise. Still until the mushrooms have reduced.
- Add in the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes until the cream starts to have a golden colour.
- Throw in the gnocchi just before serving. Serve in deep plates with some fresh basil on top and parmesan.