Lately I’ve realised that I shared several of my pancake recipes, but I never shared my crêpe recipe. So here is my super simple version of the traditional recipe, gluten-free off course 🙂
Ingredients: (for about 20 crêpes)
- 100g rice flour
- 100g corn starch
- 50g corn flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 500ml vegetal milk (almond or other depending if you want the crêpes to be sweet or not)
- 40g of melted butter
- 20g sugar (optional)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
- Mix the flours and the salt together.
- Add the sugar (if you are making sweet crêpes) and the eggs.
- Whisk in the milk little by little to avoid lumps.
- Add the melted butter at the end and let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- In a hot non stick pan, pour a ladleful of batter in the center and turn the pan quickly so the crêpe becomes a large thin circle.
- Turn around when the edges start to colour and leave until both sides are lightly golden.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat the operation until you run out of batter.
Last tip: to keep the stack of crêpes warm, place the plate on top of a saucepan with boiling water. It will keep the bottom crêpes warm until you are finished.