It’s cake time! This recipe is super easy to make, and requires just a few ingredients to make the perfect 4 o’clock snack 🙂 Whether your guests prefer vanilla or chocolate, you can’t miss with this vanilla cacao marble cake 😉
Ingredients: (serves 8 persons)
- 100g rice flour
- 60g corn starch
- 5g xanthan gum
- 125g softened butter (regular or vegetal)
- 125g raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30g cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla powder (or grated vanilla seeds)
- 4g baking powder
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 45 minutes – 150°C
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the softened butter with the sugar until it whitens a little.
- Add the flour, the starch, the baking powder and the xanthan gum.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix in well.
- Separate the batter in two bowls. In one add the cacao, in the other the vanilla.
- Apply a bit of butter to the inside of a cake tin (or use baking paper) and layer the cacao and vanilla batters regularly.
- Leave as it is for large cacao stripes or use a spoon to draw long lines in to to form smaller designs.
- Bake at mid-height for 45 minutes. Plant a sharp knife in the middle to check if the cake is baked through.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or use it as you would use a brioche for your breakfast.