There’s several ways to make a beautiful and delicious apple tart. The apple pie is one of many very different examples and has many variables, and even in France there’s multiple ways of making this very popular dessert. This one is my friend Alicia’s favourite 🙂
Ingredients: (for one big tart)
- 1 gluten-free puff pastry sheet
- 2-3 golden apples
- 100g of apple purée (1 or 2 apples peeled, diced and stewed at low heat with 1 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 10g of butter (diced)
Prepration: 30 minutes
Baking: 45 minutes – 200°C
- Preheat you oven to 200°C.
- Peel your apples and slice them thinly.
- Mix the sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Unroll your puff pastry sheet and place it inside the tart tin. Use a fork to puncture holes on the bottom of the tart to keep it from raising while it bakes.
- Spread the apple purée evenly on the bottom of the tart.
- Place the apple slices in a circular patterns and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
- Add the diced butter and bake at mid-height for 45 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of the ice cream of your choice.