The first cake recipe I ever learned is called the 4 quarters in French, because each ingredient makes up a quarter of the recipe. My gluten free version is a little adapted to my lower fat lower sugar lifestyle, and I added some ground cardamom for a little something extra. This recipe is super easy with only four ingredients (five if you make your own flour mix as I do) and is always a success. You can replace the cardamom by other spices or the flavour of your choice 🙂
Ingredients: (for 8 persons)
- 100g rice flour
- 100g corn starch
- 4 eggs (=200g)
- 150g raw sugar
- 150g melted butter
- 10 cardamom dried seeds
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 40 minutes – 200°C
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Ground the cardamom seeds thinly in a blender.
- Mix the flour and the corn starch with the sugar and the melted butter.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the ground cardamom.
- Pour the batter in a cake tin layered with baking paper.
- Bake at mid-height for about 40 minutes.
- Wait until the cake has cooled down before cutting and serving.