There’s traditional waffles, and there’s my baker’s waffles. It actually started just like the first one, except that I had run out of baking powder and decided to replace it with dried active yeast. This recipe turned out to be one of my favourites, with very fluffy and moist waffles perfectly formed 🙂
Ingredients: (for 20 waffles)
- 190g whole rice flour
- 60g corn starch
- 50g raw sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 12g dried active yeast
- 3 eggs
- 400ml almond milk
- 150g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation: 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the corn starch, the salt and the sugar with the butter.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix them in well.
- Add the almond milk little by little.
- Add the yeast and the vanilla extract.
- Let the batter leaven for 1h30 in a warm place until it has doubled.
- Heat up your waffle maker and place a generous amount of batter in the center.
- Bake on both sides until golden and serve with the topping of your choice (here berries and berry yogurt).