If you are a chocolate lover, this is for you 🙂 With three layers of chocolate with different textures, one biscuit, one mousse and one ganache. The trick is to create one layer at a time, so this recipe needs quite a lot of patience and planning. But the results are definitely worth it 🙂
Ingredients: (for 8 persons)
For the base:
- 125g of almond powder
- 2 eggs
- 70g of melted butter
- 50g of sugar
- 20g of cacao powder
For the mousse:
- 100g of chocolate (70% cacao)
- 15g of vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
For the ganache:
- 200g of chocolate (60% cacao)
- 200ml whole cream (fresh without additives)
Refrigeration: 4 hours (mousse) – 4 hours (ganache)
Baking: 170°C – 30 minutes
- Start with the base:
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Mix two eggs with almond powder and the melted butter.
- Add the sugar and the cacao, mix until combined.
- Spread evenly at the bottom of a round tin layered with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down before using for the rest of the recipe. Do not remove from the tin.
- Prepare the mousse:
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Beat the whites with a pinch of salt until they’re firm.
- Melt the chocolate and mix with the sugar. Incorporate the yolks.
- Incorporate the chocolate with the egg whites delicately without breaking them using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture inside the tin and smooth the surface.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the ganache:
- In a saucepan, melt slowly the chocolate.
- Add the whole cream and mix until combined.
- Peel off the baking paper and put the cake on a grill.
- Pour the ganache on the mousse and smooth the surface.
- Refrigerate at least for 4 hours before serving
Last tip: For extra texture, sprinkle icing sugar and cacao on top right before serving.