Summer is (almost) upon us and with it come the delicious summer veggies 🙂 They’re absolutely divine in tarts, roasted, sliced in salads… But since temperatures are still a little cool, tart it is with this super simple and tasty recipe using an original gluten-free flour, teff flour 🙂
Ingredients: (for one big tart)
For the crust:
- 100g teff flour
- 100g corn starch
- 50g corn flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 125g softened butter
For the filling:
- 1 aubergine
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 200ml whole cream
- 50g parmesan
- salt and pepper
Preparation: 40 minutes
Baking: 45 minutes – 200°C
- Start with the crust.
- In a bowl mix the flours, the xanthan gum and the starch.
- Add the softened butter and mix with your hands until you can form a ball.
- Film the ball and let it settle in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Roll the dough out on baking paper and place it in the tart tin.
- Pierce regular holes on the bottom with a fork.
- Slice the zucchini and aubergine thinly and layer them in the tart.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the chopped garlic clove and 200ml of cream.
- Add salt and pepper before covering the vegetables with the eggs.
- Add the parmesan on top and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the tart cool down a little before serving (as it cools the butter settles and the crust becomes less friable).