It’s cupcake time 🙂 These gluten free cupcakes are super easy to make and perfect for an afternoon snack, or as a dessert for a cupcake night with up to 15 friends 😉
Ingredients: (for around 15 standard sized cupcakes)
For the cupcakes:
- 200g of melted butter
- 150g of sugar
- 100g of corn starch
- 100g of whole rice flour
- 50g of corn flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 10g of vanilla sugar
- 5g of baking powder
- 15 blueberries
For the chantilly icing:
- Blueberries for the decor
- 200ml of liquid cream
- 50g of icing sugar
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 45 minutes – 200°C then 150°C
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Start with the cupcakes:
- In a large bowl mix the flours, the starch, the vanilla sugar and the regular sugar.
- Add the baking powder and the pinch of salt.
- Add the melted butter and whisk in well.
- Add the eggs one by one until completely combined.
- Pour the batter about halfway in the cupcake tins (I use silicon ones, but you can use traditional paper ones)
- In each cupcake place a blackberry in the middle. You do not need to cover it with extra batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 200°C. After 5 minutes, without opening the oven door set your oven to 150°C and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool down and prepare the chantilly (you should do this just before serving the cupcakes, chantilly is a traditional french whipped cream and is rather unstable).
- In a bowl use an electrical whisk to beat the cream until it is firm.
- Add the icing sugar and whisk again until combined.
- Use an icing bag or syringe to decorate the cupcakes to your liking.
- Add blackberries on top and serve immediately.