It may be cold outside in April, but it’s warm in here with this three beans chili served with wild rice (or the rice of your choice) 🙂 An easy and healthy comfort food to get rid of the last cold days before summer 🙂
Ingredients: (serves 4 persons)
- 100g of soaked red beans
- 100g of soaked soja beans
- 100g of soaked black soya beans (or black beans)
- 200g of tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp of crushed red chili peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 400g of rice (wild rice here)
Preparation: 20 minutes
- Start with the beans. Cook them in a saucepan filled with 1,5l of boiling water (or separately to preserve the colour of each bean). Add a pinch of salt and cook them for around an hour (depending on the beans).
- In another saucepan, boil 1l of water for the rice. Salt the water and cook for 30 minutes (depending on the rice you chose).
- Once both are done, start on the sauce.
- Chop the garlic and the onion thinly.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the olive oil and cook the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the tomato puree and the crushed red chili pepper before simmering for a few minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add the beans and the rice. Stew at low heat for 20 minutes before serving.
Last tip: To reduce the time necessary for this recipe, you can use beans that have been baked previously, but you might not find all the beans necessary. In this case, you can replace them by the beans of your choosing.