It’s pasta making time again 🙂 And today I’m working with buckwheat, one of my favourite gluten free flours! Buckwheat is quite easy to find in France (that’s why I love it so much) it’s really nutritious and healthy but it can be quite compact, so you need to have a very thin pasta sheet to make nice ravioli (or any shape you like).
Ingredients: (serves 4 persons)
- 150g of buckwheat flour
- 50g of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of corn flour
- 2 tbsp of xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1tbsp of olive oil
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes (for ravioli)
- In a large bowl mix the flours, the starch and the xanthan gum.
- Add the salt and the eggs one by one while mixing with your hands.
- Add the olive oil before forming a ball.
- When you can make a bowl with your dough roll it out on a surface sprinkled with buckwheat flour.
- Use a pasta machine if you have one to create a very thin dough (start with the thickest level and work your way to the thinest).
- Or use arm strength and a wooden rolling pin.
- Shape the pasta to your liking (for ravioli cut regular squares about 5×5 maximum).
Last tip: Take into consideration that the pasta will thicken when boiled, therefore try not to make them too big.