Looking for a healthy and filling breakfast? Or a quick lunch? This traditional recipe from Brittany is perfect for you. This savoury galette is an ideal base for creativity! You can add asparagus and an egg, like me, or anything you’d like 🙂 I think next time I’ll go pizza style… What do you think? 😉
Ingredients: (for 20 galettes)
- 330g of whole buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 750ml of water
- 10g of salted butter
Toppings: (for one)
- 5 asparagus
- 1 egg
- 1 smoked garlic clove
- Olive oil
Preparation: 15 minutes
Refrigeration: 30 minutes (express) to 2 hours (traditional)
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the salt and the egg.
- Create a depression in the middle and add the water little by little while whisking.
- Place the preparation in the fridge for 30 minutes (if you’re short on time) or 2 hours for an even better result.
- Heat up a crepe pan and add a bit of butter.
- Cook the galettes on both sides until golden.
- Add the toppings in the middle (like the egg) once both sides have been cooked.
- Reduce the heat and cook the egg. Add salt, pepper and rosemary.
- In a separate pan lightly fry the asparagus with the chopped garlic clove and some olive oil.
- Fold the sides of the galette towards the middle and serve with the asparagus on top.
Last tip: You can prepare the batter in advance, keep it refrigerated and use within two days.