Summer is here, let the tomato season begin! It’s still a little early for garden tomatoes, but not for the ones from the farmer’s market 😉 This recipe is perfect for warm the afternoons and cool nights of May. It is super easy to make in a jiffy, if you have an impromptu get together for example 🙂
Ingredients: (serves 8 – starter, 4 – main)
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 puff pastry sheet or my vegan tart crust (recipe here)
- 1 tbsp of mustard (any kind you like, I love my mustard with herbs)
- 2 tbsp of rosemary
- salt and pepper
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking: 40 minutes – 180°C (350°F)
- Heat up your oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Rinse and cut the tomatoes as thinly as possible.
- With a fork stab the bottom of the pastry dough regularly.
- Cover with the mustard.
- Place the tomato slices.
- Add the rosemary and the salt and pepper.
- Fold the crust on the tomatoes (about 2 fingers wide)
- Bake on a tray layered with a sheet of baking paper for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with a bit of salad.